Friday, August 19, 2011

Abused by Dentist. Can I pick up my partial without seeing him?

A tooth on my existing partial broke off and I had asked my dentist to make me a new one. I stated that I again, wanted a Valplast partial. He took the imprint and sent it out. It came back a week or so ago and I went to the office to pick it up. It wasn't what I had expected. The teeth were small and discolored and it was set on a metal plate. I thought it was me so I had tried to live with it but the discomfort became unbearable. I developed sores on the inside of my mouth and the teeth looked awful. I tried to like them but friends and coworkers looked at me and their look spoke a thousand words- it looked awful. I called the office and went back. The dentist who was once so very kind was furious as I sat in the chair crying trying to explain why I didn't like the partial. I showed him the sores on the inside of my mouth and he stormed out of the room. He caused a big scene and fellow patients came to have a look. He kept saying he wanted to retire. I did nothing. I just said there, I couldn't believe this was happening. I wasn't hysterical when I came in so don't get the wrong impression. I cried in pain. I'm a Psychiatric Tech. and I know how to handle myself-- which I could say the same for others. He told me "Oh great! Now I have to pay for this!" He tried to force it into my mouth. He tried to force me into keeping it as a supposed "spare" but I said no. His dental hygienist was kind. She agreed the partial did not look right and said I had every right to voice my opinion. Another came in and tried to cheer me up. I left. He did the impression and I now I am waiting on my new partial... I am really very fearful of going back. I don't want to be subjected to his abuse. He already charged my dental insurance company and I will be making a payment arrangement to pay off the remainder. Can I request that I pick up the teeth without seeing him? What do I do?
--------------------
dont go there on, the dentist sounds like a ******* asshole
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment