Friday, August 19, 2011

Legal matters or What?

I started working for my present company in May 2007 and upon being hired I was promised Medical and Dental Insurance after my 3 month probation, which would be in August 2007. It is now late January 2008 and I still have not been offered benefits through the company I work with. Even though I do not need them because I am covered under my husbands insurance, I would have liked the option of having them. When an employee opts out of comapny benefits the employee is compensated for not participating, is this mandatory? When I bring this to my bosses attention she informs me that since I am not a salaried employee I do not qualify for the company benefits. Is there anything that can be done legally? This just does not seem legit. Thanks in advance!
--------------------
Well, if you don't really want the benefits, you don't have much of a legal case. I've never seen a situation where a company compensated someone for opting out of medical or health insurance. Good luck, Dana (attorney)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment