Friday, August 19, 2011

The back of my crown is black :(!!?

i got my crown for the left tooth out of the two front teeth on the top row (whatever i bite with) and that was maybe 4-5 yrs ago. and i didnt notice until i was joking with my sister and she saw behind my tooth that it looked like there was a black tooth under the porcelain...i stuck a small mirror in my mouth to check, and it did seem like half the tooth inside was black as anything, and on top where the porcelain is theres a crack kind of - like a dark J shaped mark. it never hurt or anything, and i brush after every meal etc, i dont know wha i did? well i dont even know what it is....is my tooth decaying? :(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which would suck because i dont have dental insurance and id have to wait til november to get included in my moms insurance plan...
--------------------
Most likely you have a porcelain fused to metal crown and what you are seeing is a little of the metal at the gum line that was not covered with porcelain. This is a common way this type of crown is made and is nothing to worry about.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment