Friday, August 19, 2011

Did I pick a wrong dentist?

My employer got me a new dental insurance so I picked a dentist from their web site. I visited this new dentist yesterday for the first time. They took X-ray etc... Then they told me that I need a deep cleaning. So I told them I had one already about 2 years ago then been getting regular cleaning every 3 months with old dentist. But they still insisted that I need another deep cleaning. And this is how much they want to charge for it. Per quadrant, Perio Scale : $260 (UCF) : $30.00 (PRIM) : $20 (PATIENT) IRRIGATION : $168 (UCF) : : $70 (PATIENT) On 10 teeth. (x10) ARESTIN : $150 (UCF) : : $85 (PATIENT) Total : $3463 (UCF): $120 (PRIM) : $1210.00 (PATIENT) So the total is $3463 but after insurance $1210. I don't know for sure what that arestin is. The dentist just told me that I have gum bleeding here and there due to infection so I need that treatment. But my old dentist (last visit about 3 months ago) did not tell me any such problem with my teeth. I think not only that price is outrageous but I feel like they are trying to sell me something I don't need. What do you guys think? Should I find a new dentist? What's ARESTIN and IRRIGATION? Do I need those treatment? They even recommended to take out my two wisdom teeth which are just fine. Why????
--------------------
Just ask your new Dentist to call an ask your former Dentist for information on your records from all of your past dentist appointments and deep teeth cleaning.So if you really don't need another deep teeth cleaning again they shouldn't make you have another one.The patient is always right.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment