Friday, August 19, 2011

Would my fine be reduced?

Is it likely that my speeding ticket fine will be reduced? And is there anyway my points could be reduced? I'm a college freshman, and clean with my driving record. I have no dental insurance and I needed to get my wisdom teeth out. Since I don't have insurance I had to get them extracted at another university that's 2 and a half hours away. If I were to get there late I would have lost my appointment and would have to wait about another month for another appointment. To avoid getting there late I instead chose to speed there (bad idea), and I was pulled over going 30 mph over the speed limit. I have a mandatory court date coming up soon and I was wondering if I told them the reason for my speeding if my fine and/or points will be reduced. I have proof that I got my teeth removed that day, should I take that in to court? I'm in Florida
--------------------
The appointment will not be a sufficient excuse. You'll be told you should have arranged to leave earlier. It is unlikely that your ticket will be reduced with that story.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment