Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Applying for job and need to talk HR about Benefits.?

Your Open QuestionShow me another » What are typical Employee benefits? I am interested in a job and I am going to call the HR Director tomorrow to discuss employee benefits. What should I ask about (even if I don't think they offer it)? I just want to make sure all my bases are covered. Here's what I'm thinking: 1) Holidays paid off? Which ones? 2) Vacation - how many days? How are they accrued? 3) Health Insurance - HMO vs. PPO? Monthly deduction? How much? *Waiting period (i.e. 30, 60, 90 days). 4) Dental Insurance - HMO vs. PPO? Monthly deduction? How much? 5) Vision Insurance? 6) Short Term Disability? 7) Long Term Disability? 8) Life Insurance? 9) Any Profit sharing? or 401K? 10) Personal Days and/or Sick Days? Any thing else that I'm not thinking of???
--------------------
Well, you pretty much got it covered. However wait till they offer you a job or you have gone through a couple of interviews before asking these type of questions, rather focus on questions about the company; 1. What are the goals for the company in the next 90 days to 5 yrs? 2. How would you describe the management style in this dept? 3. How many people have held this position? 4. Why was the last person who held this position no longer here or why did they leave? So I think you get the idea. While they could have great benefits if you don't enjoy working there benefits will become worthless. And honestly if you asked me these questions on the first day I wouldn't offer you a job.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment