Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What is the point of having kids?

I am 20 years old now. I dont plan to get married or have kids anytime soon. But I want to ask all you guys out there. Why have kids? When I was a kid, I know I was a trouble maker for my parents and drove them mad several times. I would never do my homework, I would always question their authority, I would break things around the house(well this was when i was a baby), and I would just do so many things that would annoy my parents. Not only that, I was a major expense for my parents- especially college tuition, private schooling, car insurance, health insurance, dental insurance, lots of food(I was a chubby kid) Why do people want kids when they give you lots of trouble and are a drain on your finances?
--------------------
Do you know how many times a day my kids make me laugh? Many. They are also fun to snuggle. It is awesome watching them grow. Having a child is like pulling your heart out of yourself and putting legs on it. lol. You just love them that much. To create a FAMILY, a group in which you belong and you make them a part of. You all contribute. When they say I love you, or make you a card, or do something that you know is great for them or that they put a lot of effort into you feel so proud. Yes there are times they are maddening and you want to pull your hair out, but it's worth it. I'm sure your parents feel the same about you....Parents forgive quickly and genuinely want their kids to have the best spiritual, financial, emotional life possible. Babies, kids, teens, young adults, grown up children.....you love them through it all, thick or thin, good times and in bad. It's wonderfully messy, hectic and deep :)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment