Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A few questions about Orthodontics?

1. I recently found an Orthodontist that offers a payment plan that consists of no down payment, low monthly payments and 0% financing. I have just recently scheduled a consultation with them regarding my financial issues but I thought I'd see what opinions you might have to offer first; I have no dental insurance, so my first question is this; Do you think that the payment plan described above can still apply to me even though I am without dental insurance? 2. [Keep in mind that I am 18 years old.] According to my orthodontist I still have two baby teeth. One of which is loose and could come out at any moment. How embarrassing is that?!?! Anyway, before I get off topic, my second question is this; Is this abnormal? Thanks for your time and answers! -Tara K.
--------------------
It is most abnormal to still have 2 baby teeth. Maybe you do not have permanent teeth to succeed those baby teeth...I don't know. I would make sure the orthodontist has a plan regarding the loss of those baby teeth. In other words...If he has those baby teeth pulled, does he intend to close those spaces with the orthodontic treatment??? If so, great! If he can't close those spaces, then you need to have a plan with a general dentist to close the spaces. You may need implants or bridge work. Either way, make sure you account for each scenario. That way you know the cost from beginning to end. Regarding your payment plan: it doesn't matter if you have insurance or not.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment