Wednesday, August 10, 2011

How much do xrays and teeth cleaning cost?

im 20 and not on my parents insurance anymore. i have a parttime job making about about 100 dollars a week and no dental insurance of my own. the last time i had my teeth cleaned was last march and after that my dentist basically took me off his patient list or whatever without telling me, i guess because i was no longer on my parents insurance. so i want to find a new one and know that xrays and all that good stuff are usually involved when seeing a dentist for the first time. so im just wondering how much this might cost without insurance? im in kentucky if that matters.
--------------------
Sorry this is longggggg I'm not sure how it is in other states, but here in Massachusetts, the dental insurance companies started to make it so we could buy dental insurance because here in Massachusetts, we have to have health insurance or we get fined close to the cost of what it would have cost to have the insurance when doing taxes. So the dental insurance companies started to compete with dental insurance offered by health insurance companies...OK To GET to the POINT.......... Try googling delta dental. I'm currently unemployed and it costs me $48 bucks a month for dental insurance with a 1000. yearly limit. But:: I am pretty sure most dentist charge 125.00 for the initial appt., and 100. plus....for the exrays. Try googling Univ. of Kentucky dental school or Unvi of Lousiville dental school Bcuz colleges are way cheaper....i go to tufts dental school in boston, ma and it cost 71 bucks for a full mouth exrays so it's prob. 140 at a reg. dentist BUT PLEASEEEEEEEEEE MAKE SURE YOU GO AND GET XRAYS AND CLEANING BECAUSE WHAT MIGHT cost you 100 bucks now might cost you 10,000 in a yr im serious
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment