Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I have part of tooth #30 broken off but is still not at the nerve so why is my only choice crown or pull it?

The dentist said it either has to be pulled or crowned. I only have basic dental insurance and its still 1000 dollars I mean come on!!! Please!!! I was wondering if Tufts dental school would do it for less? Why do crowns cost so much? The tooth isn't dead and I just feel I need a filling. What can I do? Anyone know where I can get dental care for less? There must be someone or someway to just fill the missing part of the tooth...I hate to pull a tooth that is still viable because I don't have the money now that does NOT seem fair! I NEED HELP! ANYONE KNOW A CHEAPER WAY? I don't want to pull the tooth b/c I cant afford the cost...its crazy!
--------------------
You can get a second opinion but there may not be enough tooth left to hold a filling. If the dental school would take you for a patient, the cost would be 1/3 - 1/2 of the other dentist. But you may have to wait a long time and the decay may go into the nerve and require a root canal. I think you are right about not wanting to have this tooth removed, when it is possible to fix. Good luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment