Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Running after a dentist visit?

I've recently had a lot of dental work done (I previously didn't have dental insurance, so I'm catching up now). Due to some complications and pain, I've taken a lot of time off here and there from my running. Today I had a root canal to deal with an abscessed tooth. I think I'm finally out of the woods with my teeth. I had plans for a big summer of 5k racing, but my training is now way behind, and I'm eager to get back on track. Has anyone had experiences running after dental procedures? What did you have done, and how long did you wait before you started back into your running routine?
--------------------
I haven't had any dental procedures, however I did have health issues (yet again) that lead to 2 surgeries (incisions) abdominally on the 31st and was supposed to take 4-6 wks off to recover however I haven't at all. Was out next day to run bc I too have a 5k Trail race on May 15th...with pain, I just took extra strength tylenol...can't let little things complicate/interfere with my life.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment