Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Crown lengthening ~ anyone had this done?

Let me start by saying I am a dental COWARD. I think I'm about as bad as can be, just short of avoiding the dentist altogether. One of my teeth broke a few months ago. Yesterday the dentist told me I would need to be referred to a peridontist who could do a crown lengthening - he says I need to have a piece of bone removed so he's better able to fit a crown. Altogether, even WITH dental insurance, this is expected to cost me around $800 or more. SO. My questions are.... 1. How painful is this? 2. Is it worth it? I mean, extractions are FREE on my dental plan, so I kind of wonder if I should just have it pulled. It's the second molar on my bottom left side. 3. How well did it work for you?? 4. Would you do it again?? THANK YOU!!
--------------------
Firstly, most people are worried about going to the dentist. Even I am and want to be one. 1. Just the prick of the needle and you may not even feel this. 2. Depends on many factors: eating- do you think you will want a tooth their to chew your food with. age- if you are getting older then is it worth doing or could you do without. look- having a tooth looks nicer. If you extract and you later want a tooth. then you are looking at an implant or a bridge (both expensive). 3. Sorry none for me. 4. see #4 :)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment