Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Do I really need an Onlay?

My dentist is saying I need to get an onlay. I have a cavity between my teeth, its on tooth 28 but between 28 and 29 and its pretty far down close to the gum line. There is also a second small cavity on the same tooth (28), but its on top and opposite side of the other cavity. The cavity between the teeth is medium sized to small and the one on top is small. Is an onlay necessary for what looks like such a small/medium cavity, I thought they were for teeth with very large cavities??? The onlay would cost around 800 and that's with dental insurance :-( Any information would be helpful! Thanks!
--------------------
Either a crown or an onlay will offer the tooth much more protection than a larger filling that covers 3 surfaces of the tooth. I think your dentist is giving you good advice. Good luck
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment