Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Toothache? now a headache?

For about 5 days I have had a weird pain in one of my teeth on the left side on my jaw, lower teeth. (Sorry bad description). It does not hurt to eat or chew or drink anything. However, when I floss it hurts the most on one tooth. My dad suggested I stop flossing for a few days and see how that helps. However, while it does not hurt to eat or chew, after I eat, I have been brushing my teeth for three minutes and then using scope and that seems to help. I also have been getting headaches lately which I think is related. I have had one root canal before, but this is not nearly as painful. I have just bought dental insurance and it is not effective til May 1st. I will go then to see a dentist and get an exam and cleaning. Any idea what this could be?
--------------------
If the tooth is located where the root canal was..its possible its teeth sensetivity. Perhaps your flossing to far down and iritating the gums. Your headaches more than likely are related...lots of nerves in the mouth connected to the head after all.. Try some sensetive toothpaste like sensodyne and see if it improves anything..or switch floss.. you can get a special sensetive floss that is more like silk ribbon than the normal rope-feeling like floss..if you know what i mean.. Its also possible you may have a little tooth decay in between your teeth which could cause sensetivity, but its too small to see.. but you wont know for sure till you see a dentist.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment