Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Why do I have a blood clot in the socket where 1 of my wisdom teeth were pulled 4 1/2 yrs. ago?

Last night, I had chicken nuggets. So when I woke up this morning, I thought I had a piece of chicken residue in my mouth. I kept constantly chewing on it with my gums (no teeth back there), thinking it was that leftover piece of chicken roaming around in my mouth. But it didn't & still doesn't hurt right now. It felt very annoying. I looked in the mirror, & it was a blood clot. I'm scared & worried. I also can't afford to go to the dentist because my Medicaid doesn't cover dental insurance since I'm over 21. I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled @ the same time back in August 2003. Why is it bothering me NOW? As I said, it's not painful, but I'm worried because many people told me that if a blod clot bursts, you can bleed to death. & it feels like a stuck little piece of that chicken nugget. My friend told me to gargle with salt & water.
--------------------
Dental schools have clinics that see patients for free or at a greatly reduced rate. Check with the nearest dental school.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment