Wednesday, August 24, 2011

How do you know if you are paying too much for Child Support?

Hey everyone. I am a first time parent (My daughter is 2 years old) and I was just wondering if I am paying too much for child support each month. I pay $325.00 a month and I only have one child. My daughter is covered under my medical and dental insurance, I pay all her doctor bills, co-pays, etc. I spend about $225 a month in gas driving to pick my daughter up because her mom refuses to meet me half way little or none of the time. Her mom lives about 60 miles away from me. I DO have my daughter every wednesday and every other weekend (just an FYI) I have never missed a single solitary child support payment. I am not looking for a pat on the back for being a responsible dad. I am just wondering if I am paying too much, too little, or just the right amount for child support?? Thank you for your answers. I appreciate your time.
--------------------
It depends where you live. If you go to yahoo or google and type in child support for your area. There should be a chart on how much child support you should be paying based on salary. I believe that the distance maybe able to be factored in. I would talk to a lawyer and see what they say.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment