Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My tooth is very sensitive?

My flossing habits have always been a little poor, I admit. The space between the 2nd&3rd teeth back from my left upper canine tooth, is very sensitive. If sugar, cold water, hot water, ice cream, etc. touch it, it hurts. I haven't been to the dentist in probably 2 years.. oops. What are my options? How much would it cost to just have that tooth removed? (the third one back from the molar) ALSO, I did have braces, and I'm not sure if that is the cause, but the very top of the molar (and also the one on the right side) is abruptly indented from the rest of the tooth (near the gums), as if the tooth near the gum is broken away in a perfectly straight line across the width of the tooth. I'm not sure how this is possible. It is rigid enough that I can put my fingernail on it and apply downward pressure and my finger stays in place. The narrow exposed area near the gum is VERY sensitive to pressure from my fingernail if I swipe my fingernail across the area horizontally. I'm inclined to have the tooth removed, just get rid of the source of pain completely, but I know I'll probably look kinda stupid and it might be expensive. I do not currently have dental insurance, but I probably will in about 1 month. Thanks
--------------------
Well by not going to the dentist in about two years you may have other issue that are not even know to you yet. I would not wait to see a dentist for to much longer. It seems to me you are not sure if you will have dental insurance in one month or not. You will need to ask yourself just how much longer you can put up with being in pain for. I am a baby myself so no way i would not have it looked at as soon as possible. It hard to say that whether or not a dentist would need to pull your tooth. It may still be able to be saved. either by a root canal and crown or just a filling. I am not sure if money is an issue for you but if not go to the dentist now and get it taken care of. Otherwise if money is an issue you can try and wait it out to see if you get the dental insurance.If you decide to do that then be very careful of that tooth. You do not want to damage it more you may want to see if Tylenol or Orajel helps at all for your pain. Also rinse your mouth out as often as you can with warm salt water. Another choice you may want to look into is getting a dental discount plan. I suggest a discount plan only because they start right away and you will get a discount on whatever you need to have done. At least then it will help off set your dental cost.I gave you a link for your review so you can check it out to see if it is something that will work for you. http://www.insurancecompany.com Good luck to you
Source

2 comments:

  1. There are a lot of treatments I think you can go for. You must go and meet a dentist as early as possible. After examining your situation thoroughly he can suggest you which will be the most appropriate treatment option for you. The treatment cost varies. Don't think that it will always be very high.
    If you want to remove your teeth then also there are a lot of options. Today removing a tooth doesn't mean that you have to leave with a missing tooth. I have read that some dental implants Sun City centers do this kind of treatments effectively. Do not worry. This is a common problem and very easily curable also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it really becomes hard to cope with sensitive teeth. Dentistry is much improved today. There is hardly any issue that the dentists cannot solve effectively. There are some new good techniques such as all on 4, dental implants, laser treatment etc. to solve some even more difficult problems. So I think if you will go to a good dentist he can surely help you get rid off tooth sensitivity problem very easily.

    ReplyDelete