Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What to do about decalcification in area of receding gums?

I am young, and have some recending gums as a result of having been a smoker, in an area which I had missed brushing as my teeth are a bit crooked. On the upper part of my tooth with this problem, I've had dealcification (light color, sensitivity) for years. All of a sudden, one night while brushing, a piece of the enamel came off (tiny)...so now I have an indentation there...can this be filled like a cavity? I'm so worried, but I have no dental insurance and don't know what could be done...what, if anything, can be done to save this tooth (and my smile)?
--------------------
Visit a dental college. You can have it filled in with composite. It is white in color and is used to make the tooth look natural again. Visit www.ada.org and look up dental colleges in your state. There are 3 in massachusetts if you live near there. It costs much less than a private office. Also start using an over the counter fluoride rinse every night before bed after brushing (ACT brand example)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment