Saturday, August 27, 2011

Bridge vs Implant?

One of my tooth got cracked! Unfortunately, it has to go. My dentist suggested me to have a bridge; but my husband's dentist recommended an implant to my husband. (He also had a problem with his teeth.) Even though I could pay for an implant, it is a huge bill so I don't want to pay. (of course) But I can use an implant screw forever, right? On the contrary, I don't know how long a bridge lasts. And I have to sacrifice 2 of my tooth to make a bridge. (1 has a filling, another is a healthy teeth) My dental insurance covers some for a bridge, but it is still expensive... I would like to hear your experience for both a bridge and an implant. Problem(s), No Problem(s), some Problem(s)...Please tell me your story! Thank you for your help.
--------------------
Bridges can last up to 10-15 years if done well, and placed on good, strong teeth. They are less expensive and don't involve surgery. Implants involve drilling into the bone and putting in a little screw. This site should then be left to heal for 3 months before making a prosthetic tooth to go into that implant. There isn't as much long-term work to prove the longevity of implants as they are a new thing compared to bridges. The only way to decide is to talk over both options with your dentist and make sure you understand the pros and cons before you decide for sure
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment