Saturday, August 27, 2011

What procedure do I need to go through to have several teeth "replaced"?

It's an embarrassing problem - but I have several teeth (molars) that are broken and need to be replaced. Two are basically gone, and two are like half gone. I also need two wisdom teeth removed. I have dental insurance, but I think it only covers up to $500 per year. I don't really have a lot of money to pay up front for a major procedure, but could afford monthly payments of some nature. Is this usually an option? Whatever procedure I have done, I want it to be subtle and kinda secret, as it is kind of embarrassing. My front teeth are fine, so it's not like I need dentures... Can anyone tell me what I need to go through, what it'll cost me, and how much time off from work I will need to get this fixed?
--------------------
I will try my best to address all your concerns. I would sit down with the finance person in your dental office and prioritize what has to be done right away and which tooth can wait a few months. Once that is clear..you can pick to do 2 teeth/year. Unfortunately, your ins doesn't cover much. An average crown can cause upwards of $800-1500/tooth. Depending on your treatment, a crown typically req'd 2 visits. Most dental procedure does not req'd time off from work. i rec for you to plan your extractions around long weekends so you have some time to rest afterwards.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment