Saturday, August 27, 2011

my dentist has literally screwed my tooth up.. now what?

1 of my molars required a rootcanal and a cap. i got the root canal done and they put in a temp filling. then after that they NEVER gave me the cap and i went back multiple times. then my tooth finally split and they just kept giving me temp fillings and temp fillings. now im at the point where the filling is still in my my tooth is crumbling a part. it split off on 1 side and now i feel my tooth (half of it) shaking around. WHAT THE HELL DO I DO. i feel like i should just get this thing pulled out instead of these assholes jerking my money. and btw i have dental insurance. and money isnt a problem. and i had another cap done. on the opposite side of my mouth successfully.
--------------------
Hello..Ok..Assuming the information you have provided is totally accurate here is what you do. You file a formal complaint with the your "State Dental Board"... they should place you in contact with a neutral dentist who is part of what they call the "Peer Review Board"...If the peer review dentist agrees with your accusations the Dental Board will and can take a number of actions . One would be to have the tooth in questions properly dealt with by another dentist and the offending dentist will have to pay the cost. The Board may also call him in for a disciplinary hearing that could result in his license being pulled for a period of time and he could also be required to take continuing education courses and retested ...You would also have the option of filing a mal practice suit. Good luck and I wish you well. The Denture Pro.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment