Saturday, August 27, 2011

Is this a cavity or just my sensitive teeth?

I have bad teeth, I've had fillings done on almost all of my molars. I recently began to have a pain that flares up in response to hot, cold, or sweets. But if I run to the bathroom and brush my teeth with sensodyne toothpaste, the pain recedes completely. I've been told that it is possible that I won't need a filling done. I am at my yearly dental insurance limit and I am not in a position where I can afford another cavity filling. My question is simply: Does anyone out there have sensitive teeth? And, in your experience, is it possible that by reducing my sugar intake and brushing much more frequently I can postpone going to the dentist for a few months?
--------------------
based on your description i think it can be due to one of the following dental caries pulpitis(mostly reversible as per your description) cracked tooth gingival recession i have experienced sensitive teeth.though i brush frequently with sensodyne tooth paste,it is temporary measure only.got permanent relief after getting treated by a dentist only. so find out the cause what causes sensitivity and treat it as early as possible. coming to second part of your question,yes by reducing sugar intake,it is possible to reduce dental caries and cavities. brushing teeth will also helps to maintain oral hygeine.good luck
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment