Saturday, August 27, 2011

Is it a Spider bite?

On Tuesday, I was running a mile on a track [pe class] and it was foggy (really cold!). I noticed that my left hand hurt and I found my skin ripped a bit and I thought it was just a scratch, no big deal. When I got home to take a shower, it hurt to put water on it, and I washed it with soap. Until it started turning red and it looked more like a spider bite. It's a little smaller than 1/4 of an inch. It hurts when I touch it. And it's very near one of my veins, it's like right beside it. Then I was watching a movie on Friday night. And my sister spotted a spider near me, I was sitting on the carpet. The spider wasn't that big, it was a littler smaller than 1/2 inch. It was like a light tan color. My sister took it outside. Should I just leave it for it to go away on its own? I don't think my parents want take me to the doctor because we don't have medical or dental insurance. I don't think it hurts that much anymore when I touch it. The holes are hard red. I live in California.
--------------------
If the wound gets significantly larger, or gets really hot or swollen, or gets red streaks around it, you HAVE TO get medical care. Otherwise (IMHO), the doctor probably won't know for sure what it is either, and will tell you that it will go way on its own. P.S. It is a tragedy that kids in this country can't get medical care. And I am NOT a liberal. I don't think everyone deserves free medical care, but we have to take care of our kids!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment