Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dentist tooth cleaning appointment, I have a flouride question...?

I have dental insurance, every 6 months I've had my teeth cleaned, and never recieved a bill for the past 3 years. Now I had to switch to a new dentist and they want to charge me $41 for fluoride, I did check my insurance and that is about right. Question 1. Do I need to have the fluoride? apparantly Fluoride is the "rinse and spit" portion of the cleaning, it is $440 but insurance pays most of it except for the $41 Question 2: is there fluoride you can buy at drugstore that is just as effective and not $41.
--------------------
I'd pass on the rinse and spit fluoride treatment. It's not very effective and, if a dentist is going to have you take a fluoride treatment for $41, it should be done with a gel and trays. If you're just going to rinse and spit, use something from the drug or grocery store.....not as strong as what you'd get at a dental office but, over the long run, will work almost as good as you are using it every day.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment