Thursday, August 11, 2011

I need to see a dentist but I'm not able to?

I am in the lowest tax bracket there is. Its not because I;m lazy And don't work, Workk more than 45 or more hrs a week. I Have 2 kids and am a single mother so money is very tight. My job does not supply any kind of health or dental insurance nor can i afford togo too the dentist. My hrs at work also keep me from being able to wait in line for the free dental clinic that comes to the high school here . Can some one please refer me to a cheap dental plan or free clinic that is anywhere near tennessee
--------------------
Hi, I'm an insurance agent out in California. I am not licensed in your state so please note that I am not trying to sell you insurance or advise you to go with a particular insurance carrier. I couldn't if I tried as I am not a Tennessee agent. Just trying to help out. You may want to check with Blue Cross Blue Shield in Tennessee or any other major insurance carrier. Most have low cost dental plans. These rates came off the BCBS of Tennessee webpage: "Monthly premiums are $26.50 for each adult and $14.60 for each dependent from age 2 through age 17" That might be hard for you, but the kids could get covered possibly. Google "Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee" or "UnitedHealthCare", or "Aetna", etc, get the 800 number, call them and discuss it with them. As you can see, those rates are probably lower than you imagined for dental insurance. See if they have any assistance programs if that is still too much. If that does not work for you, try contacting your state or local health agencies for advice on how to proceed. There are also "discount cards" out there that I have seen on the web. I don't know much about them, so can't really comment. I would tend to go through a reputable insurance carrier however. One thing you may try is calling a couple of local dentists and asking them what their "cash price" is. A lot of dentists (at least in California) have one price for people with insurance and another "cash price" which is lower. See if you can work a deal with a dentist...explain your situation, you may be surprised...there are some very nice dentists who realize things are hard out there and might be intersted in helping by reducing their fee...and getting a family of lifelong clients...things are tough for them too. Best of luck to you. Things will get better...they always do.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment