Thursday, August 11, 2011

Should I get my tooth filling that just fell out refilled?

I had a fall two years ago, resulting in my tooth chipping off. My dentist filled it up (but I remember him drilling it before he did). I'm at college abroad right now (in CT, USA) and my health plan doesn't cover dental services. I know it can really expensive to schedule dental fillings but I won't be going home (where I have dental insurance) for another five months. I can feel a gaping hole in my tooth and my tongue can't feel the end of it - it's like a hole within a hole. There is no pain whatsoever. It would be great if I could wait until I went home, but if my tooth was in danger of rotting and causing me much pain before then, I would rather get it filled. (Even though I can't quite afford it) Should I get it filled or should I wait till I go home? If I do get it filled here, how much will the overall cost be (roughly)? Thanks!
--------------------
5 months is way too long to wait, even if you placed some store bought temporary filling material in it. All hell could break loose in this time. See a dentist very soon and explain your situation to him. He will be able to do the most conservative treatment on the tooth so that is will not degenerate and be okay until you get back home and can have it fixed cheaper. good luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment