Thursday, August 11, 2011

Getting incorrect Medical charges removed from your credit?

About two years ago, I had my wisdom teeth (all 4) removed. The dentist explained that it was imperative because all four were impacted. I checked my credit not long ago, and found that these people have me in collections! My insurance company told me what portion they paid, and gave me another number to call, basically, I got the run arounds. But I found out that my insurance would have covered 4 impacted teeth. Now 2 teeth are being charged to me because now the dentist is saying 2 of them were not impacted-after he told me they were. Now I owe all this money for false information that was passed on to me. Not to mention I have not heard a peep from this dentist about the bill, even after I went back for follow ups. They never even billed my dental insurance. They sent my account to collections less than one month after service. I feel cheated. I already disputed it with the credit reporting agency, and It came back verified. Now what?
--------------------
There are several relationships here - you to the dentist, and the insurance company to you. YOU are responsible for all services rendered. They don't HAVE to bill your dental insurance, it's up to YOU to be sure that the claim is submitted - not the dentist. If it's not too late, you can submit the claim yourself, to the insurance company, and hope they pay some of it. It came back verified, because you received the service. So you need to pay for it. They can go to court and garnish your wages, eventually, if it doesn't get paid. You owe the money for services rendered. Sorry.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment