Thursday, August 11, 2011

i haven't been to the dentist in over 10 yrs, im scared of going?

i lived in chicago until i was 15 years old. until then i went to the dentist on a somewhat regular basis. now i am 27 and have been living in michigan since i was 15 and ive never been to the dentist. the main reason being i dont have health insurance or dental insurance. and i didnt qualify for the state medicaid program because i was an illegal alien until i was 23. now being a legal resident. i do have a job but insurance is way too expensive. and for some reason i dont qualify for medicaid. i found a dentist that would let me make payments. im scared they tell me my teeth have no cure. the thing is my teeth have gaps in between them. (i somewhat remember when i was younger the dentist telling me i needed braces but we couldnt afford them). and i do brush my teeth. when i was a lil younger some of my teeth fell out and didnt grow back. and one of my molars broke off (i think thats what you call them(due to an accident) and a chunk is still in there. what can i expect. and am i going to get yelled at by the dentist for not going on a regular basis. do adults get braces???
--------------------
Going to the dentist is very important because several health complications have been linked to gum disease. If your molar broke off, you'll need an extraction. If you haven't been in as long as you say you have then I'm sure you'll need some sort of perio work (a lot of people have gum disease and don't know, don't feel bad) your problems are going to be key in your treatment plan, gaps in teeth are not detrimental to your health or teeth. The dentist will tell you, you shouldn't have waited this long, but atleast you've decided to get help now. The dentist can tell you everything your treatment plan will contain, but my guess is scaling and root planing(done in four quadrants), a few extractions, and/or crowns/bridges or a partial or full denture ( a full denture assuming all of your teeth are not able to be saved) implants are an option as well, but can get costly. I hope I've helped you and gave you some sort of idea.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment