Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Do I need braces or what? (confused)?

I had loads of dental work as a kid, but mostly for cavities and such. Then by 18 I was removed from my parents insurance (about 3 years uninsured). But finally in January 2011 my own dental insurance plan is available. My teeth are so crooked that it bothers me like crazy. How do you know if you need braces, and is there any other way to fix crooked teeth? And when I say crooked, I mean crooked. None of my bottom teeth are aligned, and my top teeth are like a see-saw to my bottom ones. It really bothers me. :(
--------------------
make an appointment with an orthodontist. They will do a free consultation. They will then tell you approximate cost and length of treatment. Do you have an orthodontia rider with your insurance? Most dental plans are only for dentists, and you usually have to have a separate rider for orthodontia (I paid extra for it). It's very expensive, but worth it, not only for cosmetic reasons, but straight teeth are easier to clean and you may not have cavity and gum issues as you get older! My son's and my niece's braces were approx $5000 dollars.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment