Tuesday, August 9, 2011

How do I stop receding gums?

I noticed some of my teeth have receding gums, even though my gums appear otherwise healthy and pink like they should be. (Some of them bleed when I floss though, but only a little) On my top left side my first premolar has receding gums. Then my second premolar on the top right also has receding gums. I brush and floss well and have been doing even better since I noticed my gums receding. I first noticed them when I went to have a free teeth cleaning done at Loma Linda dental center. So far my gums didn't recede any worse, but then recently I had a teeth bleaching done by a different dentist (a free trial thing they have once a year at Loma Linda) and a little bit of irritation was sustaned by my gums on a canine tooth next to my top left premolar that has gum recession. Even though the irritation healed, no matter what I do, the gums on that canine seem to be receding a little bit too, but it's only slight. But I want to stop it badly especially since IEHP took my dental insurance away. (They took certain insurance away from people over 21 for some reason)
--------------------
Have your dentist check the bite on your canines when you grind from side to side. If hitting too hard, this can cause the gums to recede. Also make sure you are using the right type of toothbrush and brushing properly with it. Good luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment