Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Is this a reason for concern?

My dental insurance card turned up missing from my house. (weather it just be lost or taken) any how i had an accident today and had to go into the hospital. they released me and i got a call about 10 minutes ago and they asked me to read my social security number to them. they said they have another person with the same social as me. is there anyway that some one could have made an unnoticed error it typing the number. Or do you think that someone stole my card and is using it. It is only dental coverage card. but from the same insurance plan that has my medical. should i call the cops and report this or do you think i should let it go. i have a tendency to over react.
--------------------
I hate to tell you this, but you may have made a mistake giving your Social Security number to anyone over the phone. How do you know it was really the hospital calling you? I'd call the hospital back to verify that it was really them calling you. If it wasn't them, that's when you might want to think about involving the police and telling them you've been scammed. Your social security number shouldn't appear anywhere on your medical insurance card, so I wouldn't worry too much about it being missing. Just report the missing card to your insurance company, and they'll send you out a new one.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment