Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Need 4 Wisdom Teeth Removed ASAP - No Health Ins.....?

I am a 20 y/o male. I went to the dentist in September of 2008 and they did some x-rays and said I need to see an oral surgeon soon to get my 4 wisdom teeth removed, they are causing a cyst. I had insurance then, the dumb oral surgeons office ran Guardian (dental insurance) to see what my out of pocket quote was going to be of the $2,700 and said they are only going to pay $112. Didn't sound right, they should have ran it through Anthem and they would have covered it under surgery but when I found that out it was too late when I lost my health insurance. If I was to buy health insurance on my own right now, the waiting period is 18-24 months from the date the coverage begins. These things are really starting to hurt and are cramming my other teeth causing them to go back crooked. I applied for Care Credit (medical credit card) and they denied my application. ARE THERE ANY OTHER OPTIONS???? It will take me at least 6 months to save $2,700 for this and that's if I am lucky and no unexpected bills arrive....
--------------------
apply for medicaid or go to the dentist and ask if they accept payment plans.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment