Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Can I sue the dental office for disrespectful treatment?

Today, I went to a dental office in California for a dentist appointment. The office I go to is in a different city(2 hours driving) because my insurance plan has no offices in my city that do the benefits I am looking for. And because I didn't want to change my insurance plan as it saves a lot of money on me, more than any other plan. In today's appointment the office staff went through the choices I have for each treatment. I chose the basic service of each one because I don't have money for the other expensive ones. The dentist kinda didn't like it but she approved my choices as its my right. Then she said I will be back in a min. And when she came back she told me that she discussed it with the practice owner(another dentist) and they decided that "my medical needs are beyond the scope of their office"! AND that she reject to do, with me, any of the treatments I need which they normally provide. I was so upset, because I felt insulted and humiliated by such behavior just because I can't afford their expensive treatments. Not mentioning the work hours I took off to come to the appointment or the gas cost I paid to my friend for the ride he gave me(I don't have a car). I can't describe the frustration and anger they caused in me. And I believe also they took advantage of me because I am not American (I am an international student). Is there something I can do about that?! .. because I don't know the rules in this country USA but what I know for sure that they have no single right to treat me like this x( Thank you
--------------------
yes you can. If you have missed the apponintment without informing them within 24 hours before you would be charged $20 at least. And here in American it doesn't matter where are you from...if you are on the american land you have the right to sue any organization does break the law with you. The point here is: not every unethical behavior can watched by the law! They definitely will deny it. But it will be a headache though..and it might not be worth it...you got to know that.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment