Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Can I transfer dental records and x-rays to a surgeon and skip the initial visit?

My husband made me an appointment at Aspen dental for the first time. Trusting his decisions, I went, had my x-rays and examination done, and made and appointment for the 29th to have my wisdom teeth extracted. The appointment and x-rays were done 2 weeks ago, so they are very current. The thing is, a series of events have made it so I do not want Aspen dental anywhere near my mouth! I'm going to cancel the surgery and find a new oral surgeon. The thing is, my insurance won't cover another first examination/set of x-rays in the same year somewhere new! So the question is, do you think that an oral surgeon will go off of my x-rays and files from Aspen (which I would have transferred) and be able to skip the first examination? Since the first examination will produce the exact same results as the files that I will have transferred?
--------------------
My gut says no, because experience tells me that they will want to do their own examination, for their own records and just in case the first dentist missed something. However, it would do no harm to call the office ahead of time and ask.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment