Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Will I be able to stay on my parents insurance if I take my classes online?

I graduated from a local Community College as a dental hygienist in May. I just got a full time job, but my insurance wont kick in 'til January. I am enrolled full time online to take 12 credits this Fall and just wanted to make sure online classes will still count as... full time to insurance companies. I can't see why not... but my father brought it up and I figured i'd see if anyone knew before I called the insurance company to make sure.
--------------------
What? Health, Life or Auto insurance? I'm guessing you mean health insurance. I don't think they care as long os the premium is paid to cover you. Assuming you are healthy, health insurance companies look at people like you as cash cows because you pay for services you never need, so they will want to keep you on the policy. Is your dad getting insurance from work or through a broker? Call whoever it is and find out the details. No need to be squeamish. You can't hide relevant details from the insurance company or they will use that as an excuse to withhold payment in case of a catastrophic problem.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment