Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dental Question, Should It Really Cost This Much!?!?

okay well I went to my dentists today, we took xrays and the usual exam and he comes up with some very bad expensive news! I have two impacted bottom wisdom teeth, I have 2 cavitys (which are my first ever) and then I also have a top right molar that has been broken due to another wisdom tooth not having room to grow and the wisdom tooth needs to be pulled and then the other tooth needs to be capped! I also know its only going to cost 325 to be put under but what I am in shock about is should this be costing me 4721.00 dollars!!!!!!!!! doesnt that sound a bit much! I dont have insurance and I sure as heck dont have that kind of money! what would you do and how series can this get if I wait longer to have it taken care of? because obviously I need to come up with this money some how? also is Aspen Dental a good selection thats were I went and am getting this huge amount of money taken!?! thanks if you have any answers!
--------------------
Cocoa is right. Any insurance plan that you get would probably assign you to a dental office that you don't want to go to. And if you went to one of those offices, they may find that you need more work. (they tend to do this) Was this dentist you went to today your regular dentist or was it a dental clinic type office? The fees that were given by Cocoa were also accurate as far as an average for the country. I wouldn't wait on the areas that have decay because decay only gets worse. Also, the longer you wait, the more expensive it will get. I suggest that you take care of the fillings first, then the extractions and then the crown. go about your treatment slowly and ask to set up a payment plan. One good thing here is the dentist is not being told by an insurance company what to do. He/she is telling you the best course of treatment for you based on his/her knowledge only, not by some bureaucrat. Good Luck EDIT: Can you possibly post an itemized estimate that the office has given you? Are they charging you for sedation each visit? Maybe then I can better answer your question
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment