Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dental implant ?

I had a dental implant done a year ago and the crown place about 6 months later. The dentist said everything healed really nicely... My problem is now. The gum around the area is swollen and bleeds when I floss. I floss it a lot because I am so paranoid about food getting stuck in there. Well, something is definitely wrong. I moved recently and am now 2 hours away from the dentist that did the surgery. I am willing to drive to have him look at it but would like to solve this on my own if possible. I rinse with warm salt water, peroxide ( at night), mouthwash. I even got a night guard because I know I clinch my teeth at night. I'll be damned if I pay one more cent for this tooth. 3000 dollars has gone into this and I think one of the reasons I am avoiding going to the dentist is because I don't want him to charge me. Insurance pays nothing. Sorry for the mouth ful. Anyone else had this problem with theirs?
--------------------
I would recommend going back to see who did your surgery. Your gums sound like they are inflamed. I would continue with brushing and flossing as you normally do. Your dentist may consider placing you on a rinse called Peridex to help with the inflamed tissue. If you are unable to take the time to go to the dentist that you started with, you may also see a dentist that is closer to you, but i am sure there will be a charge along with it. I know implants are very costly but if you spent $3000 on it already isn't it worth to have it checked to make sure that everything is ok rather than taking a risk and losing your implant?
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment