Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dental cement for filling in a broken front tooth?

Need help quick, I've searched other answers, but I didn't really find one that was similar to my situation. I have a chipped front tooth,2 actually..No insurance..and I do not have the chips that came off. My appt with the dentist is in 2 weeks, (paying out of pocket..sucks!) But I have my BF's family coming in from out of town, and will be meeting his fam for the first time..and I can't get them filled in til after..(because of money). I've heard you can use dental cement for filling in, and "molding" the area til I get to the dentist. Is this true? Will it work? and what color is the stuff..I just don't want to meet new people with a chipped front tooth..and it's not that tiny, as to where you can't see it..so any suggestions would be reat! PLZ help me?
--------------------
Don't waste your money. This temporary material comes in almost a stark white shade and will never hold up to the biting stress on the edge or corner of the tooth. It sounds like a tooth shaded bonded composite filling may do the job and would be much less expensive than a porcelain veneer or crown. Good luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment