Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Question about government insurance?

I recently became an independent contractor (self-employed small business) and am building a client base which takes time & I no longer have health insurance for my daughter or myself since I am no longer employed by another company. Because my business is so new, I do not yet have the funds to purchase private insurance & there is no other option even for my daughter because her dad died in an accident in '99. So my question is: if I apply for state insurance but have it ONLY for emergencies (I'll continue to pay out of pocket for our dental/doctor visits) does it still cost the government money just to have out names registered under state insurance even though we won't use it?
--------------------
Yes, of course! It's the administrative costs!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment