Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Can a family doctor diaganose and treat gum problems?

Can you go to your family doctor for a problem related to your gums? I have had swelling on one small area of my gums between two molars for over a year. My dentist has seen this swelling two times now but hasn't been too concerned. Most recently he saw it in Nov. 2009 and now the swelling seems to be increased slightly. It doesn't hurt at all but I can see and feel with my tongue that it is swollen. Anyway, I don't have dental insurance but I do have health insurance. So will a family doctor be able to diagnose and treat whatever problem I have? I just don't want to spend 100's of dollars at the dentist for an exam, x-rays, etc. for him to say "keep an eye on it" again!
--------------------
Your MD will not be able to diagnose and treat this problem (if there is one). If you think your dentist is missing something, you should see another dentist for a second opinion. Good luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment