Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What salary should I ask for? Account Executive?

I am applying for an account executive job at this firm www.gcmicro.com We believe our team is our most valuable asset. We offer an exceptional sales training program and a very generous compensation plan that includes a base salary, very competitive commission structure and a bonus plan. Our incentive programs include monthly dinners and quarterly trips. We also offer paid medical insurance, dental insurance, paid vacations, holidays, and personal days. Basically they sell computer equipment to the government. They say they offer 36,000 - 60,000 as a base salary depending on experience. I have 3.5 years of sales experience, a degree, and 6 years total work experience, what salary do you think would be appropriate? I told the person on the telephone I wanted 50 - 60k and he asked me if I was flexible.
--------------------
I usually take whatever my last or current salary was and add about 2-5% as a raise when providing a desired salary range to a prospective employer. As someone who is responsible for hiring, I can say my company never hires someone in at the top of the salary range.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment