Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Wisdom teeth removal anesthesia costs?

So I might be having wisdom teeth out. I'm 21 and don't have dental insurance. I am having a consultation and can ask the dentist on tuesday but I was wondering if anyone knew what the cost difference is between local and general anesthesia. The idea of seeing what is going on is kinda sickening. I am borrowing money from someone to get this done, however, and I can't afford to have to pay back but so much. I'm in agony some days though. I can feel the outlines of the teeth under my gums. One point seems to be trying to peek through. I have no idea if they are impacted or not I just know I've been feeling constant pressure, ocasional horrid pain in my jaw and behind my ears. Let me know any comments u guys have. My main question is I need to figure out local or general anesthesia... costs associated (since I have no insurance) and whether dealing with the weirdness of seeing it is worth the cost difference.
--------------------
It's well worth the extra money for a general anaesthetic. When I had mine out it cost about $100 extra but it varies from office to office. Just ask him at the consultation.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment