Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I think I am developing periodontal disease. Can anyone help?

Ok, I have bad gingivitis. My gums are puffy and red and they bleed when I floss them. I use listeriene. I brush. I floss. The problem is still here. Over the last 3 years I have had a sucession of cavities develop. Since 2003 I have noticed a rapid decline in my dental health. I had my wisdom teeeth removed in 2004 because they were impacted. Then for two years I wore braces because I had an underbit that was wearing down my front teeth. Most of the cavities developed because of that. I also do not produce enough protective saliva in my mouth. I think I have developed gingival pockets where bacteria is growing. ( That's just a hunch, not a fact right now.) I see the dentist at ever 5 months. Last time he gave me a bad report and told me I have two cavities now and two areas to watch. He could not fix them at the time due to time constraint. The next time I can do anything is after this quarter at college ends for summer break and I can go home again. I don't have dental insurance!!!
--------------------
are you suffering from any systemic disease like diabetes, etc., You may need deep cleaning & filling up of decay teeth. Your method of flossing & brushing is not correct.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment