Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What do I do to fix my teeth? Pic?

I hate my teeth... my parents never really cared for my dental when I was younger.... I have a good job now just out of HS and getting my dental insurance in a little bit... Can my teeth really be fixed? My tooth next to my front tooth to the right is so small... can they build a tooth up kinda like if you chip your tooth rebuild it and then do braces? I am willing to pay for everything.. LOL I am just done with bad teeth, when I meet people i hate talking.... :( http://s329.photobucket.com/albums/l396/… thanks and do you guys have a price range to fix my teeth
--------------------
I am going to assume you are speaking of the spacing of your teeth when asking your question. If you are referring to something else, please revise your question to be more specific. That open space in between your maxillary central incisors (two front upper teeth) is called a diastema. To close this diastema (space) in between your two front teeth will more than likely require orthodontics. While you might have not been fortunate enough to see a dentist regularly when you were younger, you are fortunate to have options with orthodontics. Traditionally, braces (made of metal brackets and wires) would be used to close this space. However, you might be a candidate for invisalign (http://www.invisalign.com/) in order to close that space. Only your dentist/orthodontist can tell you what specific procedures can be performed in order to close your diastema. Keep in mind that your dentist will demand that you maintain a high level of oral hygiene while going through orthodontic treatment in order to have a favorable outcome. (So, in effect, brush your teeth! :) ) Also, other more urgent dental needs (such as cavities and gum disease) may have to be addressed first before closing that diastema. As far as cost goes, this can highly vary. I am not familiar with what type of dental insurance you have, nor its benefits, but traditional orthodontics can range from $2,000-$5,000+. The dentist you select should be able to provide you with further information regarding the procedures available for you.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment