Tuesday, August 2, 2011

How much will it cost for an American to get wisdom teeth taken out in Canada?

I live in a western suburb of Chicago. Two years ago I had to have a wisdom tooth taken out because it was falling apart. It cost me $800. The dental surgeon wanted to do the rest but he said the remaining 3 would cost about $2500 two of which are impacted and will eventually cause problems with my jaw and surrounding teeth if left alone. I decided to put it off because I didn't have the money and I'm not fond of debt. Neither my health insurance nor my dental insurance covers dental surgery which wisdom teeth extraction is considered to be (whether impacted or not). I'm now considering taking a vacation and going to Canada to have them taken out. I am curious to hear from anyone who has had them done in Canada or a Canadian dental surgeon on how much it would cost and whether or not it would be advisable. I have X-rays taken before the one tooth was pulled, if that helps.
--------------------
It will probally cost anywhere from $600-$1300 depending on how many teeth their pulling, and you will probally have to redo the x-rays since they from 2 years ago, your teeth have changed since then.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment