Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What do you think a judge would think?

In the letter I wrote you dated 8/19/2008, which you received and signed for by certified mail, I stated that (The child) had said that he needed glasses. He had said that his music teacher wrote a letter stating that he needed his eyes checked. I asked for a copy of that letter to be sent to me prior to any action being taken in respect to his vision, in order for us to discuss, choose an optometrist and a time in which (Step mom) and I would be able to attend an appointment. Also, in the letter on 8/19/2008, I stated, once again, that we currently do not carry vision insurance for (child) because there was previously never any mention of him having any vision issues. When I picked (child) up from your house on 09/01/02008, you stated that you had taken (child) to get glasses and that the bill was in his school bag. In blatant disregard for my wishes on the matter, you never communicated to me that you were taking him to the optometrist nor did you ever communicate with me the date that he would be seen so that I could attend. This is completely unacceptable. We both have equal rights to (child), but by you not communicating with me properly and not involving me, you are taking away some of my rights as his father. You have not respected any request I have made to be allow me to be an active parent or for me to have any input on issues pertaining to his medical health. As previously stated, I wanted to discus this matter before any appointments were scheduled because I am the one who carries insurance on him. When open enrollment is available with my employer, I intend on adding (child) to my vision plan. Wal-Mart's vision center is not covered a preferred provider with my insurance and therefore, when he is added to my policy, all of his records from Wal-Mart will have to be transferred out to a provider who is covered. He only needs one eye doctor and this entire situation could have been avoid with merely your compliance with my previous wishes and requests for you to communicate with either myself or (step mom). In the future I expect for you to keep me involved in every aspect of my son's life, and that you will allow me to have equal rights as the court decreed was appropriate. As stated in the original Journal of Judgment and Decree of Divorce, which I have included a copy of in this letter, all medical and dental expenses not reimbursed or otherwise paid by health or dental insurance policies covering (child) are to be paid on a "fifty-fifty" basis. With the new ruling of child support it states that I am only responsible for $300.00 per month plus all extracurricular activities, lunches, and daycare for which I provide. Since expense above and beyond the aforementioned items were not addressed in the prior rulings, I feel that the incurred expense of his vision care should follow "fifty-fifty" rule and we should equally share the expense. Therefore, I am requesting that you generate a payment plan to allow me to pay my half of the $111.00, the total cost of eye exam and glasses, since you did not allow me adequate amount of time to budget for the extra expense. There was also other bill's for two polo shirts and other miscellaneous school supplies in (child) school bag. As it has always been clothing kept at your home you have paid for and clothing kept at my home I have paid for. As for the supplies that he needed for school you said you would be taking care of them. You have never communicated to me that I would be responsible for expenses incurred nor did you give me the option on what was bought or spent. It would have made more since to of have given me a copy of the school supply list. Then some form of communication on what you expect for the expenses incurred and in what proportions each of us should be responsible for. I have done some research on the subject and have included in this letter, copies of the collection of opinions of many peoples views on the matter.
--------------------
Ummmm..I would think it would be just a bunch of mumble jumble - Why would somebody need a collection of "opinions" on this matter. THe child needed to go to the eye doctor - when a child needs eye glasses - (a teacher said he should get them checked) - you shouldn't wait for an "enrollment" period to get his eyes checked. AND - how uncomfortable would that be for the Mother to have to have the father and stepmother come to an appointment for glasses - why bring the WHOLE FAMILY to a eye appointment. Just split the bill 50/50 - and see if the mother will accept $50 a month from you. SO - what do I think the judge would think of that letter? It is just a lot of nonsense- and dates layed out in a letter.. trying to be professional and getting everything out - but, its a LONG DRAWN OUT LETTER. I'm sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear - but, just wanted to tell you my opinion. hopefully the child is older - and you won't have to deal with this - you owe me - I owe you for 17 more years!! As to answer one of your other questions about child support. Child support should pay for clothing, food, shelter, school supplies etc... I receive child support and I do not ask my ex for money for any clothing, school supplies, sports or anything - thats what the child support is for. If he feels like doing something nice for the kids(which he doesn't) - then that is seperate from child support - but, he doesnt have to. We also pay child support out in my household - and in that situation - she does ask for money for school supplies etc - we used to pay it - until we felt like she was totally taking it for granted - and she made it up to be something we HAD to do - instead of wanted to do out....thats when we decided - we pay child support- she can use that money for the school supplies. Is it YOu that is getting the vision insurance? I checked into that - and we have 3 in the household that has contacts - but, when you add up the premiums it really didn't pay. How often do you really need contacts? not every year for me. plus - you will be the one paying for the vision insurance and yes, you might get free glasses - but, who is that saving money for? THE EX! more will come out of your pocket for premiums - and less money comes out of her pocket. should look into that more.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment