Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Should I Take a Risk and Attend UCLA or Settle for UCSD?

I got into both UCSD and UCLA and I'd rather attend UCLA, but there are several obstacles to overcome: 1.) I cannot know for a fact that I will not be able to count on my family for any financial support. 2.) I've never lived by myself, I don't have a drivers permit, health insurance, dental insurance, I don't know my way around LA. I know nothing about independent living. 3.) I have to take out $4,000 more in student loans. 4.) I do Not want want to live in a dormwith a bunch of drinking, partying, loud music. This is for undergrad by the way and I do want to go to law school. Is UCLA worth the risk?
--------------------
You are better off at UCSD and will have at least as good a chance of getting into a good law school for the reasons you stated and because the easier competition at UCSD will help you earn higher grades.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment