Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Is this enough to prove we are married (USA)?

My husband and I have been married for two years now. We have to remove the restrictions on his green card. We hired an attorney and got as many papers as we could think of to prove we are married. We have car insurance card, dental insurance card, lease to our house and apartment in the last two years. Papers on our dog, papers on our gym membership.Bank statements pictures of us and our families together. She said it wasn't enough! I am really confused has anyone else gone through this process? My husband says everyone he has talked to said it isn't so difficult. I mean come one we really are married how hard is it to prove that. Its ridiculous. Does anyone have any ideas for me on other stuff to include. Bills are in my name cause I never changed them over .. sucks i would have if i had known we were going to have such a problem. Please help thanks...
--------------------
Unless you have some unusual aspect to your immigration process, I think your attorney is full of beans. I came to the US in 1999, and got my 2 year GC in 2001 (it was a busy part of the country for immigration!). I showed, as proof of legitimate marriage: a lease, 2 photos of us together (it actually stunned me how few photos like that we had), car insurance and some bills. That was it. I provided even less in 2004 when I finally got my 10 year GC. We didn't use an attorney either, mainly because he wanted to charge the earth and said we wouldn't be approved either! I think you have plenty of evidence. If I were to suggest anything else, get some notarized statements from people you know you have been together and that you have a real marriage.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment