Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wisdom teeth discomfort?!?!?

My back bottom wisdom teeth have been slowly coming in for the past 5 years I never had them removed because they never hurt or caused any problems. Well now recently they are pushing in more and now my other bottom teeth are so tight together I can't even floss between them. Also now it's a discomfort to bite down on anything. I got laid off recently so I don't have dental insurance anymore. So what I'm wondering is, is there anything I can do to make this any less of a discomfort until I can get insurance and have them pulled? Also if they do pull them will they be able to get my other teeth so they aren't so tight together or are they going to be like that forever?
--------------------
I'm sorry to hear that you got laid off and that you're in pain. Try gargling with warm salt water and taking a painkiller first. If your wisdom teeth are causing you discomfort, because of the pressure its causing, the only way to stop the discomfort for good, is by having it extracted. Since you don't have dental insurance in the meantime and dental surgery is expensive, why don't you try going to a dental university. Often times, they need patients to work on for training. This should be done free, with minimal fee or they can possibly pay you and it is supervised by a licensed practitioner. If they can treat you, I suggest having all four wisdom teeth removed because if these are impacted, no good will come from it just being there in your mouth. Now if the pain and discomfort disappears, I still suggest you have them taken out. Sometimes the pain and discomfort disappears but it will come back and even more painful than before. Oh and once these are taken out, the pressure on your other teeth should lessen that they aren't so tight. But we will have to see after you have your wisdom teeth extracted.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment