Monday, August 8, 2011

Divorce in California?

My wife and I signed a spousal support agreement in Mar 2010 entitling her to $1400/mth until she marries or I die; which ever comes first. the papers were filed but was rejected coz i had it printed double sided. we seperated in nov 2009. she recently learned i got a much higher paying job (about 70% more than my previous job and it is close to $200K). now she wants to change the spousal support agreement making me pay her $1600/mth, plus her cell phone, auto and medical/dental insurance until she remarries or i die; which ever comes first. or she said i pay her $1900/mth and i will not be responsible for the rest of the bills. is she entitled to all these? since the original agreement we both signed have been notarized; i.e. $1400/mth without any mention of her auto/dental/medical insurance and phone bills? we were married for 7 yrs and all these years she has not been supportive of me or my career and she is just too lazy to get a permanent job or retrain herself. she is threatening me with a lawyer to divide all my properties (401K; house; pension; savings) if i do not agree to her terms. please advise coz i am all stressed up. thanks.
--------------------
I think you are getting off really easy, since she is not asking for you 401k, house, etc. Sign it and get is filed. Peace.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment